Downton Abbey is one of my favorite TV shows. The British period drama is a feast for the eyes featuring exquisite costumes and gorgeous locations. Series 4 is finally airing in the U.S., and the first episode has me excited to see the rest of the season. If you don’t follow the show, there is still time to catch up. The first three seasons are available on Amazon Prime.
The series opens the day the Titanic sinks, killing the heir to Downton Abbey. If you enjoyed the costumes in Titanic, you will probably enjoy the fashion in this series. Lady Mary, the eldest daughter of the Earl of Grantham, has an envy inducing wardrobe. From a sever but spectacular riding habit to intricately beaded evening gowns, Mary steals every scene. When not dressing for dinner, the Crawley women fancy soft colors and blouse and skirt ensembles. The series ends at the start of World War I.
- Valentino Embroidered Lace Gown
- All Gloves Black Leather and Silk Lined Opera Gloves
- Ivanka Trump Janna Mid-Heel Mary Jane Pumps
- Swarovski Rose Gold-Tone Jet Hematite Oval Crystal Drop Earrings
- Sugar Lips Ladylike Bike Ride Top from ModCloth
- Ruche Golden Age Open Blazer
- Ruche Grace Kelly Maxi Skirt In Brown
- Chelsea Crew Victoria Lace-Up Boots
- Miriam Haskell Flower Motif Pearl Necklace
It’s 1916, and the Battle of the Somme is taking place. The world is changing and so are the fashions. Hemlines are creeping up and gowns are getting looser, and we start to see early flapper looks. People still dress up, but the formality of dressing for dinner starts to slowly fade away – after all, there is a war on. The series ends in 1918.
- Marchesa Embroidered Lace Tiered Gown
- Women’s Italian Leather Opera Glove
- Marc Jacobs 100mm Patent T Strap Pumps
- Givenchy Crystal Station Necklace
- Ruche Count Your Blessings Lace Maxi Dress
- Brako Stroll in Time Heel from ModCloth
- Brooks Brothers Twisted Knot Wool Cloche