Summer is officially here! To celebrate, this weekend I got crafty and embellished sunglasses because nothing says easy living like bejeweled shades. This project isn’t difficult and is a great way to get rid of random craft supplies lying around the house. I think these sunglasses are from H&M, and most of the decorative pieces are left over from nail art and scrapbook projects.
Embellished Sunglasses DIY
- Flat back rhinestones
- Polymer clay nail art pieces
- Small plastic pieces (search Etsy for decoden or cabochon)
- Pearl scrapbooking stickers
- Craft stick
- E6000 glue
E6000 glue is an industrial strength glue, so follow the package directions and work on this project in a well ventilated area.
- Plan your design. Then, use a craft stick to apply glue to the rhinestones and place rhinestones on the frame.
- Glue plastic pieces to the frames. Make sure the pieces don’t overlap the lenses and obstruct your view.
- Fill in empty spaces with polymer pieces and pearls, and glue pieces until you are satisfied with the look.
- Let sunglasses dry for at least 24 hours before wearing them.
P.S. If you like this DIY, you might, also, like 5 Things to DIY this weekend!
This blog uses affiliate and referral links. Clicking a link costs you nothing, but the small commission from your click/purchase helps support this blog. Thank you!