Friday again. I’m dizzy at the thought of how quickly this year is passing. The days are long, but the weeks are short. Currently posts are quickly become one of my favorite types to read. I love a glimpse into the lives of my favorite bloggers, and I figure it is high time for me to do a Currently post of my own.
Eating: Chocolate chip cookies. Cutting back on gluten has really cut into my rage baking, but at least, Immaculate Baking Co.’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough is helping to fill the baking void.
Vlogging: This week’s Top 5 Wednesday topic asked vloggers to show the non-bookish things on their bookshelves. Here’s a look at some of the random things taking up my shelf space.
Listening To: Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol.1. This soundtrack feels like summer and deserves to be on repeat.
Cleaning: House. That probably doesn’t sound like fun, and it’s not really. There’s a lot of sorting and tossing/selling/donating going on, but it’s time to let some things go.
Working On: Drawing. There are only a few weeks left of my drawing class at the museum. Learning to see what’s actually there and not what you assume is there can be frustrating, but slowly my drawings are starting to take the proper shape, and I’m learning an important life lesson as well.
Exercising: Walking in the park. It’s amazing how a few turns around the park can clear your head and make the day seem not so bad. Also, Mary Helen Bowers is fantastic.
In other news…
I’m so happy to be featured in this week’s IFB Links à la Mode! If you want to participate, submit your fashionable links to the Independent Fashion Bloggers Facebook page.
Inspired by Greatness by Kim Toomey
I found myself inspired by you all to start my own fashion blog. No, it hasn’t happened, but a gal can dream. IFB bloggers had smart advice on the business of blogging this week by sharing tips on collaboration, their own favorite bloggers, and translating high fashion for the real world and budget. I also loved how some of you took me out of my world and shared beautiful traditions and regional fashion. And for those of you wondering which current designer matches your zodiac sign, follow along with Amethyst Honey. That was a new one.
Links à la Mode, July 9
- Alysalovely: Why to Watch the Astronaut Wives Club
- Amethyst Honey: The Zodiac Dresser | Cancer By Dolce and Gabbana
- Attire Club: Fashion in the Balkans | Bucharest Fashion Week Spring 2015
- A Vogueaholic | My Fashion Diary: Red, White, Blue & Chic | Happy Birthday America
- Bookish & Belle: Everyday Shoes – A Video Lookbook
- Chic on the Peak: Celfie
- Classified Closet: 5 Steps to Writing the Perfect Summer Bucket List
- Denchibitionist: Orange Juice
- Everyday Starlet: Fashion or Bust | How to Wear a Maxi Dress When You’re Curvy
- Excuse Me, I Am French: Snakeskin Details
- Fashion Blender: Old Friends, Colourful Classics
- Happy. Pretty. Sweet.: Dream of the 90’s
- Les Assorties’: #BOB | Katherine Tabinowski
- Musings of a Fashion Designer: Bloggers Eid Spreeeee!!!
- Purushu Arie: Illustration – Meryl Streep Graces Neuejournal Cover
- She Got Her Own: 30 Days Yoga and Fitness Challenge
- Tales of Two: Aspen Chic | Runway to Real
- That Paki Blog: Thoughts on Clothes for Eid and Eid Campaigns
- The Outfit Repeater: YouTube Collab Ideas You’ve Never Thought Of
- We Are Ready Made: Couture Club
SPONSOR: Shopbop sale, red bikinis, cupcakes and cashmere, Tarin Thomas, Joanna Constantine, Emanuel Ungaro, Alexa Wagner, blue dresses, black blouses, anna sui, bella freud, Adina Reyter, Ca & Lou, Paul & Joe Siste
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.*