Links à la Mode, August 13 by Kim Toomey
Many of you are still traveling and showing how travel boosts your creative pulse. Another, embarked on a tour of a fashion golden age. However, what most of the IFB bloggers were talking about this week was beauty… whether at home or in the salon. The delight of treating oneself to a high-end salon blow out, pampering your skin and follicles with facial masks and hair color, and everyday beauty tricks like strobing or updating your look with the newest nail color.
I just love how this community shares their insight on blogging; from photography and increasing followers to creating a blogging collective.
We also had a couple good entertainment reviews. One of the spoof variety and one of the deep-cuts fashion icon variety. I’ll let you decide which is which.
And for those of you no longer traveling, but heading back to the office, move straight to the posts on how to liven up your cubicle style.
Links à la Mode, August 13
- Affatshionista: Everyday Style in a Torrid Size 3!
- Ashley: Monday Adventures | Best Blow Out in Chicago
- Attire Club: What We Can Learn From the Zoolander 2 Teaser
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Essie Fall 4Pc Mini Set Swatches & Review
- Cubicle Chic: Putting the “FUN” in “FUNCTIONAL” | How to have fun with your everyday office wear.
- Drew & Alice: Strobing
- Dresscode | HighFashion: Burberry Prorsum Menswear F/W 15/16 | ‘Classically Bohemian’
- Everest Says: Tips for Taking an Awesome Flat Lay Photo
- Happy. Pretty. Sweet.: Madison Reed | Salon Hair Color at Home
- La Petite Fashionista: Blog to Biz | 5 Easy Steps to Increasing Your Instagram Following
- Lobler & Delaney: J.Crew & Iris Apfel Movie Preview Event
- Mama in Heels: Office Perfection | Denim
- Ms. Fabulous: Bibhu Mohapatra’s Fall 2015 From the Heart
- Muscari Lane: Digitization Robbed My Fashion
- Random Chic Musings: Paris is Always a Good Idea
- Reasons To Dress: Wearing the Dress that *He* Hates
- So Versailles: Best Face Masks
- The Moon & the Mirror: Marie Antoinette, The Milk Maid
- The Style Division: Discovering the Magic of Venice, Italy
- We Are Ready Made: Acne Pushes the Button!
Check out the Independent Fashion Bloggers on Facebook to find out how to submit your posts for Links a la Mode.
In other news…
The wonderful Velvet from vvb32reads has nominated me for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the Award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions buy generic adderall from canada sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten blogs.
1. What book are you currently reading?
Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
2. In your current book, if you were one of the characters, who would you want to be?
I’m not sure I would want to be any of the characters, but I do really like Aza Ray Boyle.
3. In your current book, is an animal mentioned?
Yes, lots of birds.
4. What book is next on your reading list?
5. What book is your significant other (or other person in the house) reading?
Rich Dad Poor Dad by by Robert T. Kiyosaki and Sharon L. Lechter is making the rounds in my house. Financial literacy is something my family is working on.
6. Do you like to keep your books (horizontal) stacked in a pile or (vertical) standing upright on a shelf?
I’ve got books going every which way on my shelves, but I do prefer nice, orderly, vertical rows of books.
7. Who usually gives you a book as a gift (non-blogger)?
My family gives me books as gifts. I usually ask for one or two coffee table books for Christmas because they are books I would not otherwise splurge on.
8. Where do you usually buy your books (physical location)?
9. What dream location would you like to be while reading?
Someplace quiet. Perhaps a cozy spot by a fireplace with a mug of tea/hot chocolate/cider near by. It can’t be anywhere too exciting or else I won’t want to read.
10. Which current author(s) would you like to visit your local bookstore for a reading/signing?
Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors, and as much as I would like to meet her, I would totally be freaked out if she showed up at my local bookstore since she is dead. I have no desire to meet a ghost. So, sticking to living authors, I would love to meet Rainbow Rowell and Neil Gaiman.
So, friends, I’m nominating all of you. Same questions. Answer in the comments below or do your own post. I’d love to hear about what you are reading!
Thanks Velvet for nominating me!
P.S. Have you checked out my Chloe + Isabel boutique?
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see Policies for more information.*