Book: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Genre: YA Fantasy
Shahrzad has one thing on her mind: Revenge. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is murdering his brides at dawn, and when one of his victims is Shahrzad’s best friend, Shahrzad volunteers to be his next bride. Intrigued why any girl would volunteer for certain death, Khalid allows Shahrzad to live past her first night, but that doesn’t mean Shahrzad is safe.
My thoughts on The Wrath and the Dawn…
Renee Ahdieh’s retelling of The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights quickly sucked me in. Romance. Intrigue. Adventure. What more could a reader ask for? The Wrath and the Dawn follows Shahrzad as she plots her revenge against Khalid, but her curiosity to learn the reason behind the killings soon has her longing to know more about the mysterious Caliph. As their attraction to each other grows, Shahrzad’s plans for revenge fall apart, and you, dear reader, get swept away in an angsty romance brimming with magic.
I appreciate a good YA romance, and despite a love triangle subplot, I enjoyed this book immensely. Khalid is mysterious and brooding. Shahrzad is smart and outspoken. Obviously, they are the perfect YA couple. I wish Shahrzad’s storytelling could have figured more into the plot, as she only tells a few tales, but overall, I thought this retelling was well done. The first book ends on a cliffhanger, but thankfully, the second book is already out.
In non-bookish news…
I’m featured in this week’s Links à la Mode! Check out all the fashionable links featured this week…
Links à la Mode, September 15th
- Attire Club: What Are the Different Types of Prints on Clothes
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: CHINA GLAZE GROUPIES 6-PIECE MINI SET SWATCHES + REVIEW
- Couture Crush: Couture Crushin: JumpFromPaper 2D Handbags
- Cover Mum: Back to School
- Distinguished Diva: A day in Rome: Sightseeing and Vintage shopping.
- Dressing with Class: meeting sara!
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: 3 Tips for Wearing a White Tee and Jeans in Fall
- Glitter For Breakfast: Stilettos are back!
- Happy Pretty Sweet: Multimasking with L’Oreal Paris Pure-Clay Masks
- I’m a Norbyah: Working Mumma Blues
- Modavracha: 7 Ways To Wear A Choker Necklace
- Ms. FABulous: #NYFW: Nicholas K. Spring 2017 and a Bill Cunningham Tribute
- One Awesome Momma: Fall Must-Haves
- Proceed with style: Baseball Cap Fashion
- Smile is It: Kyboe! NYFW SS17 Watch Fashion Show
- So Versailles: EVERYONE HATES KANYE: YEEZY SEASON 4 REVIEW
- The Curious Portafoglio: L’OFFICIEL PARIS: BLACK BEAUTY MATTERS
- The Fashionista Momma: THE WEEKLY STYLE EDIT: ANKLE BOOTS
- We Are Ready Made: WANGSQUAD
- Wish and Wear: Top Tips for Keeping Your Bag Looking Fab
SPONSOR: Shopbop, KENDALL + KYLIE, Loeffler Randal Booties, Elizabeth and James Jewelry, The Laundress, Hilfiger Collection, Quartz Co., Black Jumpsuits, Winter Boots, Gold Earrings, Men’s Velva Sheen
Visit Independent Fashion Bloggers on Facebook to find out how to submit your posts to Links a la Mode.
P.S. If The Wrath and the Dawn sounds good, you may like For Such A Time.
This blog uses affiliate and referral links. Clicking a link costs you nothing, but the small commission from your click/purchase helps support this blog. Thank you!