“This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.”
What’s you favorite Disney song? I know it’s hard to pick just one. I’m pretty sure my love of Elton John dates to the release of The Lion King, and I can’t imagine life without the soundtrack to Beauty and the Beast. From “Be Our Guest” to “The Mob Song”, Beauty and the Beast had a song for every mood. Then there’s The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Mulan, and the list keeps going on…
If, like me, you grew up with Disney as the soundtrack of your childhood, you’ll want to hear this latest album, which features talented jazz singers putting their spin on classic Disney songs. Jazz Loves Disney is your favorite Disney songs all grown up. Recorded in London, Paris, and Los Angeles by a dream cast, this new album will be just the right soundtrack for a whole new set of memories. If Nora Ephron wrote a Disney movie, this would be the soundtrack.
I absolutely fell in love with Gregory Porter’s rendition of “When You Wish Upon A Star”. Listening to it makes me think of candlelit dinners and starlit walks in the park. Play it during your dream date montage.
Stacey Kent’s “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” is bubbly and sophisticated and in French. That’s right. Francophiles rejoice because now your favorite Disney songs are not only jazzy but sung in French. And, as you know, everything sounds better in French. This song is perfect for shopping and makeover montages and any point in the day when things are going your way.
When the end credits role, play Hugh Coltman’s “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”. This is the song that plays when lovers are reunited, families gather for holiday dinners, and friendships are mended at the airport.
In case you are wondering who all makes an appearance on the album, here is the track listing:
1. Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
Do you have a favorite Disney song?
P.S. Disney fans shouldn’t miss this earlier album featuring pop stars covering other Disney classics.
This blog uses affiliate and referral links. Clicking a link costs you nothing, but the small commission from your click/purchase helps support this blog. Thank you!