It’s that time of the year! The leaves are changing colors. Everything is pumpkin flavored. And, there are new books to snuggle up with next to the fireplace. It’s time for the BookSparks Fall Reading Challenge! Continuing with the university theme, we are in our junior year and will be covering a variety of topics. Make yourself a Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal, and let’s get started!
BookSparks November Course Catalog
Book: Unexpected Love by Kristy Kryszczak
Course Title: Sex and the City 101
Department: Women’s Fiction Studies
Description: Ready for a SJP-replay? Settle in with this debut novel about Inez, a freelance beauty writer living in NYC who’s navigating life in her thirties and the complicated romances she gets pulled into along the way.
Book: Found by Emily Brett
Course Title: International Nursing
Department: Medical Adventure
Description: Twenty-seven-year-old ICU nurse Natalie Ulster has a desire to see the world. In each country, however, she finds herself confronted with near-death accidents. Too many coincidences force her to ask herself a frightening question: Is someone trying to kill her?
Book: In the Heart of Texas by Ginger McKnight-Chavers
Course Title: Pop Culture Conversations
Department: Women’s Fiction Studies
Description: In the Heart of Texas is a wry, humorous commentary on the complexities of race, class, relationships, politics, popular culture, and celebrity in our current society. Jo Randolph, the “poor man’s Halle Berry,” has successfully avoided waiting tables since leaving Midland, Texas, but 24 hours of poor decisions in Hollywood send her back home to lay low and reconnect with her roots.
Book: Hindsight by Mindy Tarquini
Course Title: Contemporary Fables
Department: Magical Realism
Description: In this layered, contemporary fable, Eugenia Panisporchi, a thirty-three-year-old Chaucer professor, remembers all her past lives and is desperate to change her future. She begins to connect with others like her and discovers she must confront her current shortcomings before she can break the cycle and finally live the life of her dreams.
Book: Size Matters by Cathryn Novak
Course Title: Food & Relationships Studies
Department: Culinary Fiction
Description: Lexie Alexander is the personal chef to John Frederick. He’s rich, intelligent, reclusive, very large, and lives to eat. But when a major medical crisis turns the household upside down it threatens the special bonds they’ve formed with each other.
These books were sent to me for review and are part of BookSparks Fall Reading Challenge.
In non-bookish news…
My post, What to Wear to Thanksgiving Dinner, is featured in this week’s Links à la Mode! Check out all the fashionable links featured this week…
Links à la Mode, November 23rd
- April was Here: Black Friday Luxury Sale
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Holiday Gift Guide Under 20
- Cover Mum: Chanel Jacket Dupes
- Elements of Ellis: Favorite Neutral Lipsticks
- Fashionista Momma: The Weekly Style Edit: Lace
- Finite1: Multi Colored Poncho for Fall and Winter
- Happy. Pretty. Sweet.: What to Wear to Thanksgiving Dinner
- La Veine: When My Hair Got Ruined
- Life in the Fash Lane: Luxury Holiday Gift Guide
- Middle of Somewhere: The Weekly Style Edit Link Up: Lace
- Mox and Socks: How to Take Amazing Outfit Photos
- Outfit Zest: Book of Deer Skirt
- Pudding Monster: How to Style Leather Jacket
- Simplistique: Boho Vibes
- Style Diary by Osy: Fall Hit List: Moto Jacket
- Style with Nihan: 4 Thanksgiving Dinner Outfit Ideas
- The Antisocialista: Have Less Stuff: An Anti Black Friday Gift Guide
- The Outfit Repeater: How To Use a Fashion Mood Board + Outfit Ideas
- Trendee Toad: 21 Little Black Dresses that are Perfect for your next Party!
- Vanity and Me: Havren Fit and Flare Dresses
Visit Independent Fashion Bloggers on Facebook to find out how to submit your posts to Links a la Mode.
This blog uses affiliate and referral links. Clicking a link costs you nothing, but the small commission from your click/purchase helps support this blog. Thank you!