Le Tote is like the old school Netflix but for clothes and accessories. After filling out a style profile, you can request your choice of clothing and accessories then send them back at any time. It’s a brilliant idea, especially if you don’t have a lot of closet space or don’t like repeating outfits.
I experimented with Le Tote for a month and received three totes. Finding a box on my doorstep is always exciting, and the boxes from Le Tote did not disappoint.
Le Tote Review
Le Tote offers two subscription plans – Classic and Maternity. I tried the Classic plan, which has three monthly options:
3 clothing items + 2 accessories $59 /mo
4 clothing items $59 /mo
2 clothing items + 1 accessory $39 /mo
You can keep a tote for as long as you want, and there isn’t a limit to how often you can send a tote back in a month. Because of a Black Friday deal, I scored my first tote free (hooray!), so I opted to try the three clothing items and two accessories option.
How Le Tote Works
1. Fill out a style profile.
2. Select your monthly plan.
3. Confirm or customize your tote.
4. Get excited while you wait for your tote.
5. Open your box and try on everything.
6. Wear everything as much as you want.
7. Send back any pieces you don’t want to buy. (Shipping is free!)
8. Rate your tote.
9. Repeat steps 3-8.
Le Tote #1
My first tote was a success, and I really liked the top and dress. I wish I could have kept the top and dress longer, but you have to send everything back at one time. If you keep something, you buy it. You can read my full review here.
Le Tote #2
For my second tote, I picked a dress, clutch, and necklace to wear to The Phantom of the Opera. The sweater was too adorable not to try. The only piece I did not wear was the blazer. See my full review here.
Le Tote #3
I’m a little late posting my thoughts on my third tote. As you can see from the unboxing video, I got this tote before Christmas.
I kept the third tote the longest and specifically picked pieces to wear over the holidays. I forgot to take pictures of the turtleneck sweater, probably because it was my least favorite item of the bunch, but I wore all five pieces several times. I was very sad to send this tote back!
Should you try Le Tote? My thoughts…
Things I liked:
- Shipping was fast. If I mailed a box back on Monday, I had my new picks by Wednesday.
- A stylist curates your tote, but you have the option to customize and switch out any and all items.
- You can buy anything from your tote.
- Shipping items back is easy.
- You don’t have to wash anything before sending it back.
- Items arrived in good condition.
- You can put your membership on hold.
- It’s a fun way to switch up your wardrobe.
Things I didn’t like:
- You are limited to what’s available and can’t just choose anything from your closet.
- You have to send everything back at one time.
- Sometimes fit was an issue.
- You have to call to cancel.
Overall, I like Le Tote and had fun trying new pieces. The big drawback for me is that I would rather spend $60 a month on clothes I can keep and not have to send back. However, I can see returning to this subscription during the holidays and other times when I might want to add a little variety to my wardrobe.
Want to try Le Tote? Use my referral link to receive 3 pieces of clothing and 2 accessories in your tote. Wear everything for up to 14 days. 100% free
This blog uses affiliate and referral links. Clicking a link costs you nothing, but the small commission from your click/purchase helps support this blog. Thank you!
Like this post? Share it!